1402 Recent Developments in Structural Optimization
Jose Madeira, IDMEC -IST Universidade de Lisboa and ADM-ISEL
Helder Rodrigues, IDMEC -IST Universidade de Lisboa
The purpose of this session is to bring together researchers who successfully develop techniques for solving structural optimization problems. We encourage new research into all aspects of the optimal design of structures. This special session aims to provide a forum for researchers from Theoretical developments for single or multi-objective optimization as well as their computational implementation and application for solving real structural engineering problems. Submissions presenting novel developments or critical reviews are welcome.
Topics to be covered include (but are not limited to):
- Optimization applications in automobile design, aircraft design, manufacturing, etc...
- Numerical Optimization Techniques
- Experimental Optimization Techniques
- Shape and Topology Optimization
- Structural and Material optimal design
- Surrogate-based Optimization
- Multi-objective Optimization
- Robust and Reliability-based Design Optimization