WCCM2018 Student Poster Competition
We are pleased to announce a Student Poster Competition for the 13th World Congress on Computational Mechanics. We encourage all students attending the congress to participate in the competition.
All fields pertaining to computational mechanics and related computational fields, e.g. engineering, mathematics, biology, earth sciences, computer science, etc.
Requirements to participate are:
- Must be a full-time student presenting author of an accepted abstract for WCCM2018 and must have registered.
- Must be the main contributor to the research
Items required for the poster competition:
- Three-page summary paper (pdf file) - for Round I
- Poster (4' high x 3' wide) - for Round II by invitation
- One summary slide (pdf) for blitz presentation of research - for Round II by invitation
Submit your entry by June 4, 2018 [extended from May 15] with the three-page summary paper using the online form below. All co-authors should be explicitly mentioned.
The competition will consist of two rounds:
- Round I: Panel of judges selected from IACM membership will first review the three-page summary papers. From this group, approximately 30 students will be asked to present their posters during the congress. The papers will be judged on creativity and originality, depth, and contribution to the field.
- Round II - by inviation. Those selected to present their poster will be notified by June 15, 2018. For the competition, you will be asked to provide the summar slide (pdf) and make a blitz presentation of 2 minutes summarizing your research. Further details, such as exact location and time, will be provided by the end of June.
- Winners will be announced at the congress banquet on July 26.
- Three winners will be selected and named as the WCCM student poster competition winners
- A cash prize and certificate will be awarded